Thursday, August 12, 2010

Perseid Meteor Shower

Tonight and Tomorrow there will be the Perseid Meteor Shower.

Essentially, 100+ meteors per hours will light our skies. If you can find a dark location free from the busy city lights you can enjoy this spectacular phenomena with a bevvie and good company.

I hope to take my hubby and perhaps even the kiddo up to a local park where there is no hustle and bustle of lights and people.

"Can we pretend that airplanes, in the night sky are like shooting stars, I could really use a wish right now, wish right now..."

Now you can wish on REAL "shooting stars"

I remember once in late 2001 or early 2002 going to a dark park with my then boyfriend bundled up with a thermo of hot cocoa and Bailey's... we sat on a pinnic table in the middle of nowhere in the cold winter and watched, literally, hundreds of shooting stars, it was the coolest thing to see...

I've only seen a handful of shooting stars besides that night... often at the drive-in we spot them... anywhere away from the big city lights your chances are obviously better....

Anyways, enjoy tonight if you get the chnace to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment