Monday, April 4, 2011

Denists

I am in a temporary full time position which includes 100% dental coverage so I am getting all my dental work done while I can.

I have gone (no joke) 5 times in two weeks.

first was cleaning and xray
second was replacing fillings on one side
third was replacing fillings on other side
fourth was a quick fix of my bite from a filling that was too high up
fifth was a quick impression for a night guard / mouth guard because I apparently grind / clench my teeth
sixth is tomorrow and is an appointment with the oral surgeon for a consult
then i book my surgery to FINALLY remove my wisdom teeth which have bugged me for years but I didn't have coverage so I didn't want to pay for the surgery....

ALSO my daughter had a cleaning and a filling so 7 times at the dental office in two weeks ha ha

thank god i have amazing coverage right now!

I am scared for the surgery to be honest. I will be put under and I assume they will take all out at once.... I am a wimp - I think I have a high pain tolerance, i have tattoos, i gave birth without ANY drugs (against my will trust me i begged for drugs!) but besides that I really am a pain wimp!

I am hoping to book it Easter weekend so i have extra days to recover without missing work, though if I have to miss then I have to miss but I actually love my job so I'd rather work, plus i may not have many paid sick days left because I get so sick for so long all the time - boo hiss!

Anyways - the dentists know me and love me and I don't mind them even though they inflict pain.... i don't have to PAY them to inflict pain and the pain is temporary and leads to long term better dental health.

My dental hygienist friend will be proud ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment