Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Music in the Moment

So I attended the Free Our Lady Peace Concert and it reminded me of just how much a song can take you back to an exact moment in time...

I've never been great with numbers and the past few years my memory has become even worse with dates and facts from the past... however, I can almost always place a song simply because of the memory it invokes in me.

Certain lyrics, beats, artists, songs just take me to a place I once was, so vividly that it almost feels real...

Sometimes it is amazing to just close my eyes and go back, remember, relive, remain in that moment, however briefly....

Sometimes it hurts to recall, rethink, redo difficult times....

Sometimes it is magical to re-experience, re-visit, re-invent exciting times...

Regardless the tune, the memory, the moment.... I never regret.... only remember with the knowledge that I lived that and it brought me here today.

And with that.... a video from the Free Our Lady Peace Concert.... But, I think I will return to this idea again in the future... Music and Moments of the past....


No comments:

Post a Comment